Hello there! I’m Sarah: a designer, wedding planner, wife, mother of four and creative junkie. I started blogging in October of 2014, but my obsession with creativity started years ago. I remember riding the bus home in elementary school and dreaming of how I would transform the bus into a beautiful place to live. I grew up in a home with Navajo white walls and rust carpet that was redesigned in my adolescent mind about a million times. Needless to say, I was born with a desire to transform.
In 2000, I started a wedding and party planning business. I have planned and decorated over 300 events in the past 15 years. Throughout that time, I also enjoyed decorating my home, my friend’s homes, and client’s homes.
Considering that I am always creating in some way, blogging was the next logical step for me. I wanted to document all of the crazy, over-the-top projects that I do on a regular basis. If it’s not a wedding, then it’s a DIY project….always something. My home is constantly buzzing with activity!
I adore my children and husband! They are my constant support team who follows me from event to event, project to project, helping me along the way. My life is surely nowhere close to perfect. There are messes, stress, sadness, etc., but I choose to focus on the goodness in life. I choose happiness.
11 FUN FACTS ABOUT ME
- I am deathly afraid of fish! I am embarrassed about this phobia, but I cannot help it. SUPER LAME
- I am 5’10”. I used to be teased about it, but now I embrace it!
- Nothing makes me happier than getting a deal! It’s exhilarating!
- Shopping is my cardio-straight up! I can shop anywhere, anytime.
- I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I know it, I live it, I love it!
- I have ultra fair skin- let’s just say sunless tanner is my friend! (It’s a celestial glow)
- I have an addiction to ordering chocolate chip cookies and a Diet Coke from McDonald’s.
- I love with my whole heart. (so it really hurts if it gets stomped on)
- I have owned a dance school since 1995. I love my students and their families- past, and present
- I love romantic movies and books. Blackmoore and Pride and Prejudice are among my favorites.
- Cancer Sucks! I lost my dad to throat cancer at age 60 and my mom battled and won neuro-endocrine cancer at age 62.