* Select what type of a party you are throwing. Will it be for small children, teenagers or adults?
* Select 1-2 rooms to transform. Decorating the entire house can be overwhelming.
* Will your decor be whimsical, scary, classic or a combination of all 3? (For example, do you like the look of skeletons, rats and bats or would you rather have a glitter-filled whimsical space?)
* Purchase items that are classic and can be reused each year.
* Take pictures of your decorated space and keep them with your Halloween decor. This will enable you to decorate much faster the following year.
* Tip- go shopping the day after Halloween to purchase large ticket items. You can get most items 50% off. Your collection will grow and grow!